How Flamingo Estate Built a Strong Brand Community with the Help of Okendo
Food & Beverage
In the early 1940s, a pair of determined entrepreneurs arrived in California to build their vision of an earthly paradise high in the hills above Los Angeles. The flamingo-pink house became a hedonistic enclave, hidden by a lush orchard and dense garden. Now, in the spirit of its origins, Flamingo Estate offers nourishing botanicals and provisions from a diverse ecosystem of makers and growers. Together they cultivate pleasure from the Garden, while living lightly on the Earth.
- Flamingo Estate knew that building trust around their new product line was crucial — particularly since the apothecary and beauty industries are thick with the competition.
- With its unique and varied product line sparking an influx of sales, the brand was growing so quickly that the internal digital infrastructure wasn’t able to keep up. The team couldn’t keep up, either.
- Knowing the importance of reviews, the Pacific IQ team needed a way to build a strong brand community that would build trust between past and current customers with shoppers. Flamingo Estate had thought about implementing reviews for a while but avoided them because they didn’t want to jeopardize the brand’s site design by adding an unbranded review widget.
“People typically have their trusted shampoos and conditioners already. We were looking for a way to build trust in our products, and Okendo provided the perfect opportunity.”
Solution: A Customer Marketing Platform that Helps Build Loyalty and Trust
- With Okendo, Pacific IQ implemented reviews on Flamingo Estate’s site to power trust, sales, and loyalty while maintaining a beautiful, branded aesthetic.
- To ramp up their review generation, Flamingo Estate used Okendo’s sequences feature to send out perfectly timed and branded review request emails to previous buyers.
- Flamingo Estate sets a 10-day waiting period after an order is fulfilled to ensure customers have enough time to receive and enjoy the product’s benefits before leaving a review.
- To help prospective shoppers make more confident purchasing decisions, the team asks customers for specific product names and customer attributes in their reviews, such as where the Adriatic Muscatel Sage Candle was best used in their home.
- The team increased review generation by 4,673%.
- The team saw a 7.5% increase in conversion rate.
- Flamingo Estate increased its average order value (AOV) by $11.
“We were able to display reviews in the cleanest way and the implementation made it really seamless. That was a huge bonus, because it looks great.”
ready to learn more?