How Boody Built a Global Community with the Help of Okendo
Boody wants its customers to feel good about their purchases — not just about the way they feel while wearing the brand’s athleisure, activewear, loungewear, and more, but also about knowing their garments are made from sustainable materials.
- After experiencing tremendous growth in its home country of Australia, Boody saw an opportunity to expand worldwide.
- The brand understood that social proof was a necessity in order to build a global community and connect with customers in new territories without starting from scratch.
- Boody needed to accelerate their onsite review generation to support their growth, but its previous provider did not meet expectations.
Solution: Expanding to a Global Audience with User-Generated Content
- As they launched into new markets, Elephant Room helped Boody syndicate their Okendo reviews across international storefronts including New Zealand, the US, the UK, South Africa, Canada, and Europe.
- Boody leverages Okendo’s attributes to capture product feedback such as comfort, sizing, and quality, as well as customer information such as age, body type, and height.
- Displaying robust reviews onsite helps inform shoppers’ decision-making and locate pieces of social proof that are most relevant to them.
- By offering loyalty points in exchange for reviews, Boody was able to dramatically increase its review generation rate and encourage second purchases.
- Boody saw a 268% relative increase in conversion rate.
- The brand also saw a 5% relative increase in AOV.
- With more content-rich reviews in place, Boody was able to establish trust with new shoppers without having to build a new base of social proof in any new market it entered.
“Boody is an eco-sustainable brand, so its product turnover is extremely low. It’s our priority to capture a solid review base for individual SKUs because products are on sale for a long time. If customers are uploading UGC and sharing the love, that’s exactly what we need for shoppers to know Boody has a community of trustworthy loyalists.”